I was tagged by greeneyesandglasses .
Rules:1. Each person has to share 10 things about themselves.2. Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions for the people YOU tagged and they will answer them.3. Choose 10 people and put their icons on your journal. (I'll try... )4. It's not like "you get tagged if you read this!" and the victims you choose don't have to do this if they don't want to.5. And there's no tag backs!
10 Random Things about Me
1. I'm a proud table top gamer with two Crown Royal bags for the d20 systems and d10 systems. While being a part of dA RP groups like Souls of Chaos, I do miss the characters that got me started in the rp world and those that have become like a second skin.
2. I'm a garnet fanatic. I strive to collect all the garnet varieties. Hopefully, maybe... Have a set of mini dice made from the mineral too. Though, maybe a set of mahogany obsidian will go well with the snowflake set I have.
3. I hate coffee... Can't drink the stuff. I'd rather have tea or the college student coffee equivalent, Mt. Dew. I need to drink more tea though... Despite it having way less milligrams of caffeine than Dew.
4. I'm a Dragon in the Chinese Zodiac. I wonder if that is one of the probable sources for my dragon obsession.
5. Other than tabletop RPGs, I love rpg style video games and games like the Legend of Zelda series. But, for purely blowing off some steam, I love games like Dynasty Warriors where you just run around and smack peons. However, due to my fighting style on those games, I'm best at 'plucking' officers instead of doing two to three at once. Well... all but Lu Bu... That one is just a game of cat and mouse with lots of praying that I don't die...
6. I have a horrible habit of picking up a new video game and just playing that until I get bored. Or struck with motivation sit down with the laptop and work on stuff in Sai or teaching myself how to work in Clip Studio Paint. Yay screentones.
7. I love The Last Unicorn. But when I want to watch something funny or outright silly, I pop in a Jeff Dunham DVD (Spark of Insanity is currently the only one I have.) or Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
8. I like crime shows such as CSI, NCIS, Forensic Files, and a few others on Investigation Discovery. In addition, I also like shows dealing with the paranormal, mostly A Haunting. Most of the time, they don't bother me. But, I remember watching one with the Ghost Adventure guys on Missouri State Pentiary... That gave me the willies...
9. Sailor Moon and Pokemon got me into anime. Sadly, I missed most of the Sailor Moon episodes because they were aired at the end of school and over by the time I got home. Out of the Senshi, my favorites were Mercury (smart and took her education seriously like I did) and Uranus (I don't remember why, but I loved her.). As for Pokemon, my favorite wasn't Pikachu, but Growlithe. So when it was revealed that James of Team Rocket had one, I mentally squealed in glee since that one hit two birds with one stone. Needless to say though, I've stopped watching some shows due to my favorite character leaving...
10. *suffers bouts of 'wtf do I put here...*
Green's Questions:1. Can you skii?
Can I skii? I bet if I tried, I'd either fall flat on my face, fall on the bum, or somehow manage to plant myself face first in the snow. 2. Do you have a favorite author/book?
Too many... I like Tolkien, Terry Brooks, Margerent Weis and Tracy Hickman... But the all time favorite has stayed The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle, which also has an animation feature where Beagle also wrote the screenplay.
3. What's your favorite movie?
The Last Unicorn. It follows the book and features the voices of Mia Farrow and Christopher Lee. And the music by America...
Though, if there was ever a Legend of Zelda movie, this one may have some competition. *
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
After my last trip out west, I'd say Utah. I love the landscape seen in Koloab Canyons, the Parowan Gap, the Arches, and the Canyonlands. Though the only thing I'll probably miss will be the trees...
5. Android, Apple, or Microsoft?
What? Cell phones? If so, none of them... They all have touchscreens, which I despise with a passion. Though, computer wise, I'm more familiar with a Microsoft OS than Apple.
6. Have you ever heard of Sodastream?
Yes. Have I made a cup of Mountain Dew with it? Nope. Plus, I don't think there is a Dew 'syrup' for the device. And Mt. Dew... is my coffee.
7. Who is your favorite fictional detective?
The Chief! Hands down. It takes a lot of guts to chase down Carmen Sandiego. Alas... The old Carmen games are about the only place to see Chief anymore.
8. What do you eat for breakfast? (Unless you're like me and don't eat anything for the first meal of the day...)
Lately, a bowl of Malt O'Meal version of Post's Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. After that, brown sugar cinnamon Pop Tarts. Though, I'm to switch from that last one to something like bagels.
9. What's your favorite quote/life motto?
"Against the grain should be a way of lifeWhat's worth the price is always worth the fightEvery second counts 'cause there's no second trySo live like you're never living twiceDon't take the free ride in your own life"
-from "If Today was your Last Day" by Nickelback; found on their Dark Horse album
I always seem to go back to this song when I'm feeling down. And strangely, I also turn to it when I'm trying to thing of reflection scenes during rp and writing. It seems to ring with the characters. If you haven't heard this song, I suggest to at least give it a shot.10. Biggest pet peeve?
Consistency... And making things organized how I like it... Which my fav gallery needs, but dA doesn't have the subfolders it to work.
1. How are you and what are you doing?
I'm doing good. Enjoying a few days off from work. I'm working on this journal when I should be practicing my new art program. And staring at my cat, whom decided to sit next to my laptop.2. Do you consider yourself pretty?
I've been told that I am, which sometimes embarrasses me since I often focus on looking tidy and functional for the task at hand. Any social functions that the compliment made, I avoided due to the amount of people and noise.3. Something you do really well or would like to do (and what)?
I like drawing. All of it. But for it to work, I need to master the taming of ideas... Or time management to slay all the projects I want to do.4. What do you consider the most important traits for a person to NOT have so they can be your friend?
The biggest... is being majorly clingy. I'm not really a people person and thus love my alone time from society. It takes time for me to warm up and when someone clings, it is a thing that drives me nuts due to the personal bubble invasion. But, as I warm up, I learn to tolerate it since I have a good feeling that I could come off the same way when I get too
lonely during the days at work... 5. How many OCs do you have?
... That is a good question.
In rp groups, a total of 5 official and at least 3 just being built for plot purposes. Out of the 5, four are still active.
In my tabletop days, I've played a total of at least 10 OCs in various settings and systems. A majority of them have made their way to my dA gallery. The ones I remember submitting is Phoenix (for Rifts), Angela "Angel" de la Cruz (Scion), Kanika Adiaz (Scion), Kory (Cthulu Tech), and Isis (nWoD's Mage: The Awakening). Since I don't have the time to partake in the table top setting, all ten in a sense are 'in active', the same status as the one rp character I made, but never used.6. If any of your OCs were real, which would you like to meet the most?
I'd say Sanatos... And give him a piece of my mind for him demanding screen time and then refusing to cooperation when I give it to him. 7. What was the last book you read?
It's been awhile. I think it was a Shannara book by Terry Brooks and Sea of Monsters by Rick Riodran.8. Do you have the Disney Syndrome (AKA creating a really nice character then killing of their parents/guardians in an extreme tear-jerking event and/or shower shitty life events upon them until they almost break then toss them into a journey of self-discovery and adventure in hopes they'll meet a 'happily ever after' end)?
Kind of? I like the journey of self-discovery and often try to throw them down that path to see if they (and I) learn something new. I try not to abuse the bad experiences in the childhood since it is also plot device for a favorite anime character of mine. Seto Kaiba, I'm looking at you...
Instead, I try to work with what I've experienced or heard about others, twisting those into something plausible.
There is always a reason for a character to behave the way he or she does. And it is never always the main devices used in character generation.9. Can you talk about a few of your favorite OCs not created by you?
A few... Most of them being brief acquaintances...
While I have ones that I love going back and reading the app over and over again, just that isn't enough to know the character until interaction is made and an impression is made.
Some of the ones that are my favorite:
-Emi and Kel -> Come on. Who doesn't? For me this two are the ones that have survived Hel and still haven't fallen.
-Ira -> Ira...should be for obvious reasons.
-Iona and Kein -> Because I shipped them before they became a thing. *shot But also because I can't help but to smile when green talks about them. 10. Quote a sentence you really liked from a movie/book/anime/manga/rp/thing!
Multiples for the win!!!
*shotFrom a rp: "I'd say that you shouldn't be ashamed to show it, and that you should embrace every aspect of yourself." - Hakari-chan's Merry to my OC Beros
Or not... I need to rp with more people if I wasn't so fail about adapting/intergrating others into my character's current plot....
The 10 Lucky Ones:
No one! Mostly due that this took me days to write and due to the violation of I can't think of any questions...